This policy sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you use this website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24th March, 2018.
“We”, “us” and “our” means SM IT Services, Coventry, UK.
Pollypot Software is a brand name of SM IT Services.
“You”, “your” means the purchaser of a product from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All use of our website https://shop.pollypotsoftware.org.uk is encryped via SSL.
We do not retain your credit card details or process payment details on this website.
Our website is housed in PCI DSS accredited data centres.
We have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase;
- details of any purchase orders that you place through the website.
- details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us;
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access;
- product installation details (ip address, date and time, install count);
- product download count;
- last successful login details (date and time);
- forum posts and activity;
- account registration date;
- your name associated with a GIT config you have produced;
We do not retain your credit card details.
What we do with the personal information we collect?
- to allow you access to this website;
- when you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, and for other purchase related services (such as providing download links and user keys);
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes;
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services;
- to minimise product theft and piracy;
- to assist in providing product support;
- responding to enquires and requests via the Contact page of this website;
- provide development credit;
Who do we share it with?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will pass on your name, address, order and credit card details to PayPal or Stripe when processing an order for payment. You will need to review the security and privacy policies of these payment providers to understand what they then do with your information.
We may provide aggregated statistics (including information derived from your data) about our sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties. We will do this for the purpose of carrying out assessments, analysis and research in relation to our business, products, services and customers. This is to assist in the provision of services and products to you, and to facilitate reviews, developments and improvements to our web site and the services and products offered to you. The statistics we disclose to those third parties will not include personally identifying information.
Obtaining the information held about you
Most of the information we collect is available via your account and the forum. However you may request details of all the personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us via the Contact option at https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Removing the information held about you
We can remove all the information held about you on our website, however please note that:
- You will no longer have access to your purchased software, user keys and downloads.
- We have to retain the order details for EU VAT MOSS purposes for 10 years. This information will not be stored on the website after removal, but will be retained separately and securely.
If you wish to proceed, please contact us via the Contact option at https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you choose to tick "remember me" during login, your login details will be stored in a cookie but the data will be encrypted.