IMPORTANT: If you are running Windows 8 or Windows 10 and the LED's and Displays are not working, double check that you only have USB2 or USB1 ports connected to the GoFlight hardware. Note that ALL connections in between the GoFlight hardware and the PC must be USB 2 or USB1. If the problem remains, use Windows Explorer to go into the GoFlight drivers directory, right click on Windows8Fixer.cmd and select Run As Administrator. If this does not fix the problem, remove ALL GoFlight hardware and repeat; then reconnect the GoFlight hardware. Repeat this process until it all works. If the issue remains, try the hardware on a Windows 7 (or below) PC to check the hardware isn't faulty and if it is OK, contact GoFlight Inc for support.
1) Install the latest GoFlight drivers from their website and start GFConfig.
1a) If you own an MCP PRO, click on its picture and then click the drop down list box and set it to "Compatible Add-On" (it normally shows FS Default).
1b) If you own an EFIS, click on its picture and then click the drop down list box and set it to "Compatiable Add-On".
1c) If you own an MCP Advanced, click on its picture and ensure that all options are set to FS Default and all actions are set to nothing.
1d) Remove all assignments to all other devices in GFConfig that you wish to control via the GoFlight Interface Tool.
1e) In GFConfig, click File, Save Configuration As, choose a suitable filename and then click Save. You must always load this configuration (if it isn't already loaded) before using the GoFlight Interface Tool.
2) Next install the Goflight Interface Tool by opening the zip file and double clicking setup.exe.
2a) You should choose to install the software where you Goflight drivers have been installed (where GFConfig.exe and GFDev.dll reside). If you choose to install in another directory you will need to start the Goflight Interface Tool, click the Settings tab and select the directory where the Goflight drivers exist.
3) All of the following number 3 steps are required for versions below 184.108.40.206. Versions 220.127.116.11+ install the dll automatically so you can move on to step 4. You may also need to do the following if the GoFlight Interface Module.dll is not loading.
Locate your dll.xml for either FSX, FSX Steam Edition or Prepar3d:
3a) for FSX or FSX Steam Edition (not side by side install) the file will be in C:\<accountname>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
3b) for Prepar3D the file will be in C:\<accoutname>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
3c) for FSX Steam Edition (side by side install with FSX) the file will be in C:\<accountname>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE
3d) If you cannot find the directories, you will need to enable the viewing of system files in Windows Explorer. To do this, click Tools, Folder Options, and the View tab and enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and untick "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)". You can set this back after you have completed the installation.
3e) Using notepad, open the dll.xml file and locate the following line: <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
Immediately under this line, copy and paste the following, changing the directory included within <Path> </Path> to the directory where you installed this software:
3f) Save the file.
4) Double check any programs that you use to interface with GoFlight hardware have been disabled or their configurations do not duplicate what you intend to do with the GoFlight Interface Tool. E.g. FSUIPC, LINDA. Note there is full compatibility with FSUIPC with the correct settings.
5) Start FSX or Prepar3D and ensure you receive a Microsoft Flight Simulator Security Warning about loading "Goflight Interface Module.dll". Click Run, followed by Yes. If you do not get this warning, you have made a mistake in the dll.xml file and need to repeat step 3 making sure you have the correct directory.
6) Start the Goflight Interface Tool from the desktop by clicking the relevant icon, or by clicking the Windows Start button, All Programs, Goflight Interface Tool folder and then the Goflight Interface Tool.
7) Once the Registration window appears, copy and paste the User Key ( available via Shop, My Account, My Profile ) and click Register.
7a) If registration is successful the software will start. If unsuccessful, please ensure that no spaces exist before and after the pasted User Key.