Most of the commonly reported issues and questions are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) option under the Support menu of this website.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
Your forum account is not the same as the account used in the shop. They are completely separate accounts.
21st November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for FS2020 is now available.
12th November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for X-Plane is now available.
6th June: A new version of Virtual Flight Sim Hardware is now available (huge update)
21st November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for FSX/FSXSE/P3D is now available.

PMDG 747-8 EFIS Range knob

I’m eager to fly the PMDG 747-8 expansion but was waiting for the resolution of the missing EFIS Range knob functionality.

It was discussed in another thread but I’m uncertain if there is any ongoing dialogue with PMDG, who seem to think their SDK covers it.

What’s the status of raising it to PMDG? Is there a workaround? Would it not go on the GIT bug list or development plan? Best guess - wil it be weeks or months to restore the functionality?

Apologies for all the questions but like I said I’m eager to fly the new bird in the flawless manner the 777 works with GIT.

Mike

Comments

• Hi Mike,

The PMDG SDK hasn't changed in relation to the EFIS of the 747-8 so in theory GIT should still work with the Range knob but it clearly doesn't as it functions as a rotary and not a selector.

I don't know yet if I need to contact PMDG as I need to research what is happening within GIT and the 747-8 and determine if its a SDK bug or something I can work around within GIT by writing some additional code.

Timescales depends on whether PMDG need to add functionality, but if not I will try and get something out before Xmas as I'm working on other issues with the Nav Data Tool as the moment.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Ok Steve thank you for the addditional context, I will stay tuned. I assume the only workaround is to use the virtual cockpit EFIS but if there’s a different method please let me know.

Cheers,
    Mike
  • Just wondered if there has been any update on this yet? I am running into the same issue.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • No Matt. It was discussed on Avsim and PMDG seem to have recognised the SDK needs looking at.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Answering my own question from above regarding a workaround: the EFIS Range knob can be mapped successfully to an RP48 Rotating knob.