Most of the commonly reported issues and questions are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) option under the Support menu of this website.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
Your forum account is not the same as the account used in the shop. They are completely separate accounts.
21st November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for FS2020 is now available.
12th November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for X-Plane is now available.
6th June: A new version of Virtual Flight Sim Hardware is now available (huge update)
21st November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for FSX/FSXSE/P3D is now available.

GFIT - Unable to Connect in P3Dv5

Hello, since moving to P3Dv5 and downloading the v5 compatible version of GFIT I have not been able to connect. Here is my log trying to connect with the PMDG 747 loaded.

16:38:40 GoFlight Connection Starting.....
16:38:40 SimConnect Connection Starting.....
16:38:40 SimConnect Message Processing Started
16:38:40 GoFlight Connection Started
16:38:40 SimConnect Connection Started
16:38:40 Aircraft Connection Starting.....
16:38:40 PMDG SDK option is OK in Prepar3D v3
16:38:40 PMDG SDK option is OK in Prepar3D v4
16:38:40 PMDG SDK option is OK in Prepar3D v5
16:38:40 SimConnect: Event Received: Aircraft Type Changed
16:38:40 SimConnect: Event Received: SIM, 1
16:38:40 SimConnect: Event Received: PAUSE, 0
16:38:40 SimConnect Message Processing Finished
16:38:41 SimConnect Connection Starting.....
16:38:42 SimConnect Message Processing Started
16:38:42 SimConnect Connection Started
16:38:42 Aircraft Connection Starting.....
16:38:42 SimConnect: Event Received: Aircraft Loaded/Flight Loaded
16:38:42 SimConnect: Event Received: SIM, 1
16:38:42 SimConnect: Event Received: PAUSE, 0
16:39:16 WinSock: Connection Failed: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
16:39:16 LUA Processor: Connect Exception - Unable To Connect!
16:39:16 Aircraft Connection Starting.....
16:39:17 SimConnect: Exception Received: DUPLICATE_ID
16:39:17 SimConnect: Exception Received: DUPLICATE_ID

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• I suspect the Goflight Interface Module is not loading or the firewall is blocking access to it. Check your dll.xml and make sure the entry is present.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • edited June 2020
    Thanks Steve, I do have this entry present:

I'll try adding an exclusion from my virus scanner and firewall.
  • No luck unfortunately, log below:

19:52:33 GoFlight Connection Starting.....
    19:52:33 SimConnect Connection Starting.....
    19:52:33 SimConnect Message Processing Started
    19:52:33 GoFlight Connection Started
    19:52:33 SimConnect Connection Started
    19:52:33 Aircraft Connection Starting.....
    19:52:34 SimConnect: Event Received: Aircraft Loaded/Flight Loaded
    19:52:34 SimConnect: Event Received: SIM, 1
    19:52:34 SimConnect: Event Received: PAUSE, 0
    19:53:07 WinSock: Connection Failed: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    19:53:07 LUA Processor: Connect Exception - Unable To Connect!
  • 19:53:07 WinSock: Connection Failed: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
    19:53:07 LUA Processor: Connect Exception - Unable To Connect!

These two errors indicate a problem with TCP/IP networking. Something is blocking comms on your PC.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Thanks Steve, I'm a bit confused by this, all of my flight simming software and GFIT are stored locally on my computer, no networking involved, so what networking comms could be blocked? Or am I completely misunderstanding this?
  • TCP/IP is used to communicate between GIT and the module that runs in P3D, so any firewalls could block communication. You can also try hard coding your IP address in the Lua Config.txt file found in Documents\GoFlight Interface Tool.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Thanks Steve, it's strange that this issue is happening, I did not have this issue before I updated to the P3Dv5 version of GFIT. Could something have changed to cause this issue? I just use the regular windows firewall, so I'm scratching my head as to why I would be having this issue but seem to be alone in that.

I can try your suggestion above, the contents of my luaconfig.txt files are:

hostname: localhost
    port: 27015
    path: default
    luatimeout: 500
    luahookcount: 3

Where would I paste my IP address to?
  • if you start a command prompt and enter ipconfig. It will list your IP addresses. Use the Ipv4 address e.g. something like 192.168.0.3
  • Good day! I have a problem with the MCP-Pro Autopilot Panel and PMDG-B738 does not work with Prepar3D v5 utility Goflight interface tool freezes and does not respond
  • I finally had a few hours to dig into this and troubleshoot and finally realized the one thing that was preventing GFIT from working...I had my MCP PRO plugged into a USB hub. Once I plugged it directly into a USB port on my computer all is working well now.

Dave