Most of the commonly reported issues and questions are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) option under the Support menu of this website.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
Your forum account is not the same as the account used in the shop. They are completely separate accounts.
21st November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for FS2020 is now available.
12th November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for X-Plane is now available.
6th June: A new version of Virtual Flight Sim Hardware is now available (huge update)
21st November: A new version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for FSX/FSXSE/P3D is now available.

GIT 2-0-16-3

Since updating to GIT version 2-0-16-3 , GIT won't connect to Xplane 11. Log below

Comments

• At first glance, the log looks Ok. Why do you think it hasn't connected? Do you have 3 green LED's? Are the devices enabled in GIT? IS the problem with all aircraft or just one? Have you recently updated any of the aircraft that you tried with GIT as this could mean the configs needs updating for the new version?

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. I am getting the 3 green LEDS. The GIT plugin is enabled in Xplane plugin admin. The problem is with a couple of aircarft. When GIT is running you can't click on any of the modules to assign commands. I have not updtaed anything recently only GIT itself.
  • Just so I understand, are the GIT tabs disabled, so you cannot click on them?
  • Hi Steve, when I reloaded Xplane again there is only 1 aircraft I use which has the tabs disabled so I can not click on them. On the GIT main page under aircraft all the X s are in red.
  • Uninstall GIT and make sure the GIT plugin has gone from the plugins directory in x-plane.

Reinstall in c:\GoFlight Interface Tool and after, make sure the GIT plugin is present and try again.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • I uninstalled GIT from both computer and Xplane plugins directory.

I re-installed GIT to c:\GoFlight Interface Tool and checked the GIT was in the Xplane Plugins folder. I have still the same issue, the GIT plugin works perfectly with most aircraft except the same aircraft as the last time.
  • It sounds like its config related then. Try clearing the config for one of those aircraft and then import it back in. You could also try disabling some devices to track down what part of the config is playing up.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • I have uninstalled the aircraft that won't connect to GIT and re-installed it, still the same problem. The aircraft is installed using an installer instead of copying the aircraft folder into Xplane would that cause any problems ?

I installed a new aircraft onto Xplane and GIT connected with it straight away.

I have also tried enabling and disabling add-on's in the plugin admin one by one to see if they were causing any issues but GIT is still not connecting to the aircraft. I deleted all the config files relating to said aircraft but all the assignment tabs are still disabled, I still get the 3 green lights and all red X's.

There is a GIT folder which installs in my documents folder when installing GIT, is that supposed to be installed there ?

Is there anything else I could try ?
  • You can roll back to the old version and see what happens.

Thx
  • Hi Steve,

Could you send me on a link for version 2-0-16-2 as I can only download the latest version from the download store.
  • Sorry just saw version before 2-0-16-3 was 2-0-16-1.

Is there a way to roll back to 2-0-16-1 without uninstalling the current version as I tried with a fresh install of the -1 version and a load of errors appeared saying there was an updated version ?
  • The only aircraft GIT version 2-0-16-3 wont connect to is X-Rotors AW139 which is installed onto Xplane with an installer application rather than copy and paste with other aircraft. Is there anything else I can try ?
  • Make sure "Update On Flight Loop" is not ticked as this will cause problems with some aircraft and is the major change on the latest release.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • I have checked and the "Update on Flight Loop" box is not ticked. Not sure what else to check at this stage.
  • Did you try rolling back?
  • Hi Steve,

Yes I uninstalled version 2-0-16-3 and installed version 2-0-16-1. When I started X-plane a load of error boxes appeared and it said an updated version of GIT was available, it wouldn't run the 16-1 version. I had to then install the 16-3 version again with the same results.
  • Zip up Documents\GoFlight Interface Tool and attach here so I can track down whats going wrong.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I,m a bit unsure what you need me to do. Do you just require a copy of the GIT script when it's running with Xplane ?
  • No, just zip up all the files in Documents\GoFlight Interface Tool into one zip file.

Thx
    Steve
  • Hi Steve,

i am attaching the GIT file from My Documents
  • Hi Steve,

Just wondering if you found anything out from the GIT file I sent you ?
  • Hi, has this issue been resolved ? I am having same problem X-rotors AW139 V4 RC7 is the only aircraft not to be recognised by GIT. hangs on 'scanning files' on status tab (animated icon) on status tab

Would like to know the outcome of this particular case
  • Hi

@bne737lame , I have not got the issue with the GIT not connecting to the AW139 solved yet. I have received no reply to my previous post looking for an update.
  • It's on my list to look at, but I'm currently snowed under with updates for MSFS support and releasing a new product.

Best wishes
    Steve